Located in spacious quarters opposite the campus library, the Academic Support Center provides student support services that include software and hardware to supplement many areas of academic instruction. Services are provided through computer classrooms, alternative learning classrooms, computer labs, study and testing areas, and include tutoring, make-up testing, and access to software used by most of the academic divisions on campus.
The Academic Support Center has PCs available for general use. Services include: hands-on word processing, Internet and graphing calculator workshops plus supplemental software availability for many academic areas. Staff members are available to assist students with computers and other equipment.
Testing in the Academic Support Center
The Academic Support Center administers the college placement test. Please visit our placement testing page for more information on placement testing.
The ASC also administers DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests) and C-GCC challenge exams, and also serves as an Open Test Center for students residing in Columbia and Greene counties who may be enrolled in a Distance Learning Program elsewhere.
This service is offered on Mondays only from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call the ASC at 518-828-4181 for the schedule and to make arrangements for a proctored exam. We encourage early sign-up as the ASC reserves the right to stop taking appointments for a particular date once the session is filled. There is limited space for on-line testing.
A non-refundable $25 sitting fee is required to reserve a testing slot for all tests except the college placement test. Current C-GCC students do not have to pay a sitting fee for a DANTES test in the ASC.
All testers must bring some form of picture identification on the day of their scheduled test.
Makeup Testing Policy
The Academic Support Center provides specific hours for make-up testing. For information, select one of the links below:
Hours of operation
The Academic Support Center is normally open Monday through Friday with some evening hours, on Saturdays and is closed on Sundays. Please see the current scheduled hours below.
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Fridays 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Closed Sundays
Academic Support Center:
- Mary-Teresa Heath, Director of Academic Support Center
- Albert Osuch, Technical Assistant Academic II
- Barbara Sanson, Technical Assistant Academic III
- Elizabeth Xedis, Associate for Academic Support Center, Faculty Secretary
- Lynn Erceg, Technical Assistant III – Library/Evening Supervisor, ASC
- Christina Judisky, Clerk Typist (Part-time)
- Kathleen Remaley, Technical Assistant II/Evenings & Weekends (Part-time)
- Neil Seidner, Clerk Typist ASC (Part-time)
- Barbara Wurtz, Tutor Coordinator (Part-time)
- Eileen Ordu, Professional Tutor
Contact the Academic Support Center at 518-828-4181 extension 3242.