The policy for make-up testing in the Student Success Center (SSC) is as follows:
- Due to the increased demand for make-up testing and the additional work this entails, all make-up testing will be done by prior appointment only. Please make sure your students are aware of this policy. Students must make an appointment in advance in order to take a make-up test. It is the student’s responsibility to notify you that a make-up version of a test needs to be delivered to the SSC.
- Testing services are offered at the following times only:Tuesday, 12:30-2:00 p.m.; Wednesday, 2:00-3:30 p.m.; Thursday, 12:30-2:00 p.m.; and Friday, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
This schedule covers the Tuesday/Thursday activity periods, along with two other varied times.Monday through Thursday, 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (Tests must be completed by 6:45 and 8:45 p.m., respectively)
This testing is done in the SSC under the supervision of the Evening Supervisor.
- Please use the instruction sheet to indicate any special arrangements. Any student requiring special assistance (extended time, test read aloud, etc.) should be referred to the Office of Accessibility Services, 518.697.6437.
- Please put the name of the student on the test. This is particularly important if you are giving more than one test, different forms of the same test, etc. This can eliminate a lot of confusion for all of us.
- Completed tests will be kept in a secure location in the SSC for your collection. Faculty secretaries, acting on your behalf, may also drop off and collect test materials.
- The SSC will not be responsible for exams that are faxed to the college. Please make these arrangements through your division.
- The SSC reserves the right to stop taking appointments for a particular testing period if the amount of requests become excessive. There will be seven slots available for each testing time. Please note: the SSC may refuse a make-up testing seat to a student who has failed to show up for previous appointments or who repeatedly reschedules appointments. The untaken test will be available for your collection once the test date and time has been missed.
If a student has an emergency or special situation and cannot meet the above qualifications, please contact the Director of the Academic Support Center. In certain circumstances, we can make alternate arrangements for testing. Thank you for your cooperation.