Thank you for using the make-up testing services offered by the Academic Support Center. We are happy to assist you on your educational journey here at Columbia-Greene Community College.
To make your testing experience as painless as possible, there are a few policies with which you should be familiar. They include:
- Have prior faculty permission in order to schedule a make-up exam in the Academic Support Center.
- Make arrangements with the Office of Accessibility Services (ext. 3437) if you require any special testing accommodations.
- Make appointments to test at least 24 hours in advance. Testing seats are limited. Prior appointments also allow us the opportunity to make sure your test has been delivered to the Academic Support Center.
- Be aware of the Center’s testing schedule. During the semester, we test at the following times:
Tuesday 12:30-2:00 p.m. Wednesday 2:00-3:30 p.m. Thursday 12:30-2:00 p.m. Friday 10:00-11:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday evenings
5:00-6:30 p.m. and 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Bring a form of photo id to sign in. You will need a pen/pencil. If your instructor is allowing you to use a calculator, notes, book, etc., make sure you arrive with it/them.
- Leave your books, backpack, etc. at the desk. You will not be permitted to bring them in the testing room.
- Leave cell phones, PDAs, or other electronic devices at the desk. You will not be permitted to bring them in the testing room.
- Be aware of the college’s policy on academic integrity in the Student Handbook. The Academic Support Center adheres to this policy. If you are in violation of the policy, your test will be taken from you and the matter will be referred to the appropriate faculty member and the Dean of Academic Affairs. Please think twice before cheating; it is not worth jeopardizing your academic future at the college.
- Please be aware that the ASC reserves the right to refuse a seat to a student who has failed to show up for previous appointments or who repeatedly re-schedules appointments.
Good luck on your exam(s). We are here to assist you, please don’t hesitate to ask