How to Enroll – CGCC

C-GCC is currently offering online and remote-learning courses. Visit our COVID-19 FAQ page for the most up-to-date information.

How to Enroll

How to Enroll

To be eligible:

  • The student must be currently enrolled in high school, pursuing a Regents diploma.
  • The student must have an 80% or higher average in the academic area in which he/she wishes to study or, if there is no prior coursework in the course area, the student must have an average of 80% or higher in English.

To Apply:

  • The student must submit a Request for Part-Time Early Admissions application to the High school Guidance Office, complete with approval signatures from a high school guidance counselor and a parent/guardian. These forms are available from the high school Guidance Office.
  • High school Guidance Office will forward the application along with a copy of the student’s transcript to the C-GCC Admissions Office.
  • If approved, the student will receive a letter of acceptance and a tuition bill and will be registered in the class(es) upon submitting tuition payment and Certificate of Residence.
  • Tuition will be billed at approximately 1/3 the regular part-time tuition rate for the total number of credits in which the student is enrolled. The total cost for one three credit College-in-the-High School course is currently $0, and for a four credit course the total is currently $0.
  • Enrolled students must obtain and submit a Certificate of Residence to the College Bursar’s Office. More information about Certificate of Residence. See the Academic Calendar for the deadlines for submission of the Certificate of Residence, as well as for other important dates.
  • If not approved, the student will receive a letter indicating such.

Student Status:

  • Once registered for a course or courses, the student has official standing, with all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a college student.
  • At time of acceptance, each College-in-the-High School student is assigned a Columbia-Greene student identification number, and should memorize or keep a copy of the number in a safe but handy place.
  • The student ID number is used when dealing with most college offices and to take advantage of available college services.
  • Each student is eligible to obtain and use an official C-GCC student photo identification card, and to participate in all college activities.
  • Contact the Student Activities Office for more information on obtaining a student ID card at 518-828-4181 extension 3380.

Section Menu