C-GCC’s new Construction Technology/Preservation Carpentry Certificate program is a hands-on series of courses designed to help students jump-start their carpentry careers.
Formally approved by the New York State Education Department, the Construction Technology/Preservation Carpentry Certificate program will be housed in a brand-new technology building on the C-GCC campus, where students will train to construct and renovate residential buildings using current and emerging standards and practices.
No prior carpentry or construction experience is required to apply to this program, which can be completed in one year.
- Introduction to Construction Carpentry
- Construction Drawing/Blueprint Reading
- Building Layout and Framing
- Introduction to Mechanicals, Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC
- Building Codes & Regulations
- Historic Preservation
- Construction Technology Internship