In order to qualify for a Student Visa, a document necessary to study in the United States, all international students must submit the following information to the Columbia-Greene Community College Admissions Office:
- Fill Out Application for Admission To apply to C-GCC, complete either the no fee C-GCC Application for Admission or the State University of New York application. SUNY applications are available from a central application processing center at http://www.suny.edu/student/Apply/Apply.cfm (link opens new browser window to SUNY application page).If you choose to fill out the SUNY Application, there is a $50 (US) application fee payable to the SUNY Application Processing Center. Payment should be included with the application. Online applicants may pay by credit card. There is no fee to fill out the C-GCC Application for Admission.
- High School or Secondary School Transcript Please arrange to have an official transcript sent to the C-GCC Admissions Office. Official transcripts are original or officially certified copies signed and sealed documents that are sent directly from your high school to C-GCC in a sealed envelope.
- College or University Transcripts If you have ever attended another college or university (in ANY country) please arrange to have an official transcript sent to the C-GCC Admissions Office. Official college transcripts are original or officially certified copies signed and sealed documents that are sent directly from a college, university or post secondary school to C-GCC in a sealed envelope.
- Foreign Student Financial Statement Please arrange to have original or officially certified bank statements or income verification documents which show evidence of sufficient financial support ($15,000 US) for one academic year sent to the Admissions Office. Please be aware that the same amount will be needed for the second year of study.
Financial Aid and/or scholarships are NOT available to international students.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that you retain a notarized/certified copy of the financial documentation to present to the U.S. Immigration Official at the U.S. Embassy in your country when applying for a student visa.
- English Proficiency Columbia-Greene Community College does not have an English as a Second Language (ESL) program. Therefore, English proficiency is required for acceptance to the college. Each applicant must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination. An official score report must be sent to the Admissions Office. A minimum score of 230 on the computer-based test, 575 on the paper-based test or 89 on the internet-based test is required. For more information please go to http://www.toefl.com (link opens new browser window to TOEFL page) (The C-GCC school code is 2138).
- Immunization Records Please arrange to have medical records sent to the Admissions Office. The records must indicate immunization against measles, mumps, rubella and tuberculosis.
- Health Insurance In addition to immunization records, please submit a certificate of student health insurance indicating coverage for the duration of study in the United States.
- Housing Columbia-Greene Community College does NOT have dormitory facilities or approved housing. Students who choose to live in the area will have to assume the responsibility of finding their own accommodations and making rental agreements.Landlords often require the first month’s rent, the last month’s rent, and a security deposit (usually equal to a month’s rent) BEFORE renting an apartment. This total is usually equal to $1200-$1600. This must be paid before moving in.In addition, almost every apartment IS NOT FURNISHED. Students must assume the responsibility of furnishing apartments completely (beds, sheets, dishes, pots and pans, silverware, glasses, chairs, tables, lamps, etc.) This, too, will require a significant amount of money before classes start.Visit our off-campus housing page for more information
- Transportation There is no public transportation in the college vicinity. It is necessary to obtain transportation (purchase a car) in order to get to and from school.
- Tuition and Fees All tuition and fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.