Financial aid funds provide students with the resources to attend college and focus on life long learning activities. To that end it is the mission of the financial aid office to assist all students and their families in planning to fund their post-secondary education by providing quality, comprehensive financial aid counseling. The financial aid office fosters a positive environment where students are educated and informed to be appropriately responsible for their financial aid resources in partnership with the financial aid office.
We welcome you to use the many services found on our website. The left navigation, Featured Links and Related Links menus can be used to access many of our website options. Browse the Financial Aid section of our College Catalog for more information. You can also contact us for financial aid assistance at (518) 828-4181 extension 3360 or e-mail us.
LOCATION: Main Building Rooms 205I – 205K
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
TELEPHONE: (518) 828-4181 ext. 3360
Federal School Code (Title IV): 006789
NYS Tuition Assistance Code (TAP): 2038
- Gainful Employment Information: Select the Certificate program of your choice and click on the Gainful Employment Disclosure link on that page.
- Apply early. Attempt to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible after January 1.
- Get your FSA ID (link opens in new browser window). To help facilitate the on-line application process and to be able to access their financial aid information, students and parents should sign up for a Federal Financial Aid PIN.
- Come prepared and willing to spend time. Please come prepared to the Financial Aid Office. Don’t assume that we always know what you need or want. Some transactions are time consuming, please allow enough time to conduct your business.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities. Be sure to understand your rights and responsibilities, as well as implications of all forms that you sign. To ensure yourself the most aid possible, be organized and take an active role in your financial aid processing.
- Read carefully materials provided by our office. All paperwork is sent for a purpose and generally requires some action be taken on the part of the student. If you don’t understand the information or what is required of you, bring the information with you when you stop in to see us.
- Respond. Please respond promptly to all requests for additional information from our Financial Aid Office. DO NOT ignore requests for additional information. Your financial aid processing will be halted until the necessary paperwork is provided. Be sure to include your name and social security number on all correspondence submitted to us.
- Consult our Financial Aid counselors. They are here to help you – make use of them! Counselors will sit down with you and answer your individual questions about financial aid at CGCC. Come see them at our office Rooms 205I – 205K, or e-mail us.
- Keep your address(es)current. Make sure your address(es) are current with the Registrar. Both your home and local address should be kept current. If they are not correct, you run the risk of not receiving communication from us. This can slow down or halt the processing of your financial aid.
- Copies, copies, copies! Keep copies of all documents submitted to the Financial Aid Office and note the dates you submitted them. By doing this you can reference these documents if necessary.
- Cooperation. Accept that we are all human and sometimes mistakes occur. The financial aid process is a cooperative effort between both CGCC and students.