Effective with the Summer 2010 term, Columbia-Greene Community College (CGCC) converted to the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program to deliver Stafford and Parent PLUS loans to our eligible student and parent borrowers. Therefore, CGCC does not provide a preferred lender list.
The College does, upon student request, certify student eligibility for private alternative loans. Since these loans may be issued by various lending institutions, the College abides by the following Code of Conduct for Processing Student Loans to ensure that its employees avoid conflicts of interest, or the perception thereof, in connection with their responsibilities relating to providing and administering student loans.
- Columbia-Greene Community College (CGCC) does not enter into a revenue-sharing arrangement with any lender.
- No officer or employee of CGCC who works in the financial aid office or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to education loans, will solicit, or accept any gift or other thing of value from a lender, guarantor, or servicer of education loans. Certain items provided or contributed by lenders are not considered gifts, such as training materials or philanthropic contributions unrelated to education loans.
- No officer or employee of CGCC who works in financial aid office, or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to education loans, will accept from any lender any fee, payment or other financial benefit as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or other contract to provide services to a lender.
- CGCC will not select, assign or refer a student to a particular lender or refuse to certify, or delay certification of, any loan based on the borrower’s selection of a particular lender.
- CGCC will not request or accept from any lender any offer of funds to be used for private education loans, including funds for an opportunity pool loan, to students in exchange for the campus providing concessions or promises to the lender.
- CGCC does not request or accept from any lender any assistance with call center staffing or financial aid office staffing.
- No officer or employee of CGCC who works in the financial aid office, or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to education loans, and who serves on an advisory board, commission, or group established by a lender or guarantor, will receive anything of value for such service.