IMPORTANT: Fall 2022 COVID-19 protocols for students. Verify your vaccination status securely with the SUNY Vaccination Verification Application



How do I reach the Financial Aid Office?

Call 518.697.6360 or e-mail us.

What is my Federal Student Aid ID (FSAID)?

Find out by logging on to studentaid.gov.

In order to receive financial aid, do I have to apply each year?

Yes. A student must apply for financial aid each “academic year” they plan to attend. The academic year at C-GCC begins with Fall and includes the following Spring and Summer semesters.

Do I have to apply every semester?

No. A student must apply for financial aid each “academic year” they plan to attend, but not every semester.

What is the C-GCC Federal School Code?

The C-GCC Federal School Code is 006789.

What is the C-GCC TAP code?

The C-GCC TAP code is 2038.

Do I need to submit tax returns?

Some students (and parents) are required to submit copies of tax return transcripts, W-2s, and other information to be reviewed. If we need you to submit any documents, we will notify you by mail.

Should I use a Scholarship Search Service?

We recommend you explore all sources of Financial Assistance. For more information, see the Types of Financial Aid section of this website. We also recommend you not use services that charge a fee.

What does it take to be considered an independent student?

You must be able to answer ‘yes’ to at least one of these question, which appear on the FAFSA:

  • Are you 24 years of age prior to the start of the calendar year?
  • As of today, are you married? (Answer ‘yes’ if you are separated but not divorced).
  • Do you have any children who receive more than half of their support from you?
  • Do you have dependents (other than your children or spouse) who live with you and who receive more than half of their support from you, now and through the end of the upcoming academic year?
  • Are you an orphan or ward of the court, or were you a ward of the court until age 18?
  • Are you a veteran of the United States Armed Forces?

I’ve been told I probably will not qualify for aid. Should I bother to apply?

We encourage every student to apply at least once to determine if they are eligible.

If my parents are divorced or separated, which parent should provide the information required to apply for aid?

Answer the questions about the parent you lived with the most in the last 12 months. If you did not live with one parent more than the other, give answers about the parent who provided more financial support during the last 12 months — or during the most recent year that you received support from a parent. If this parent has remarried as of today, answer the questions about that parent and the person whom your parent married (your step-parent).

What if I can’t get my parents’ information?

If you are unable to answer YES to one of the independency questions on the FAFSA form, you must provide parents’ information.

What if I withdraw? How will it affect me?

Withdrawing from classes will affect you either in the current semester or in the future. You should think very carefully about your decision and speak with your academic advisor before making any changes. Please view the Financial Aid section of the College Catalog to review possible effects. You will need Adobe Reader to view the catalog online. Get it here for free.

What if my family’s financial circumstances change after I apply?

If there is a drastic change to your and/or your family’s financial circumstances, contact the Financial Aid Office.

Will I be eligible for the same amount of financial aid yearly?

Each academic year you must complete a new application. Your eligibility is based on the information you provide on the application, the number of credit hours you are taking, and your previous academic performance. If any of these things change – or eligibility rules change – your awards may change.

How much financial aid can I get?

Eligibility is determined by the information you report on your FAFSA form, the number of credit hours you are taking, and your previous academic performance at C-GCC (returning students). To begin, we encourage you to complete the FAFSA Application at studentaid.gov. To research what types of aid are available, view our College Catalog or visit the Types of Financial Aid section of this website.

Will I be eligible for the same amount of aid at every college?

Probably not. If you are considering other colleges, contact them regarding your eligibility at their school.

Is there an income level cutoff to qualify for financial aid?

There are many factors that affect a student’s eligibility. We encourage everyone to apply, no matter what your income may be.

After I sign my Federal Direct Student Loan Promissory Note, when can I expect the money?

After you electronically sign your Federal Direct Student Loan Promissory Note and complete your Entrance Counseling, loan proceeds will be electronically transferred to the C-GCC Bursar’s Office and applied to your student account. Once your account is paid in full, the Bursar will notify you of funds available in excess of your bill. Please note: We begin disbursing funds around the sixth week of school, after faculty members have verified that students are attending their classes.

Can I receive financial aid as a part-time student?

Yes. For more information, see the Types of Financial Aid section of this website.

What is a bookstore voucher?
A bookstore voucher allows eligible students to purchase all or a portion of their books from the C-GCC bookstore using their excess financial aid funds. The amount spent is then added to the student’s tuition account to be paid for when their aid is disbursed to the account. The amount of financial aid refund will be reduced by what is spent in the bookstore.

Summer 2022 (session 1): April 18, 2022-May 25, 2022
Summer 2022 (session 2): June 6, 2022-July 21, 2022
Fall 2022: August 8, 2022 – October 7, 2022

Who is eligible?
If your Federal Direct Student Loans*, Pell/SEOG Grants and scholarships exceed the cost of your tuition and fees, you may qualify for a bookstore voucher to help with the cost of your books. Only students who have excess federal financial aid, after tuition and fees will be paid, may be eligible for a bookstore voucher. If your admissions acceptance is conditional (i.e., you owe transcripts or other paperwork to the Admissions Office), you must satisfy the condition before being eligible for a bookstore voucher. You must also have a valid Certificate of Residence on file with the Cashier’s Office to qualify for a bookstore voucher. Students can check their Banner Self-Service portal for the status of a bookstore voucher.
* Federal Direct Loans will credit your account only if you have returned your completed loan application to the Financial Aid Office. Loan applications may take three to five business days before crediting your account and generating a bookstore voucher.

Maximum Allowance
The maximum total allowable bookstore voucher is $800 each semester, or the total of your excess funds, whichever is less. Bookstore voucher amounts are subject to change due to changes in your enrollment, academic standing, or status.


Section Menu