Columbia-Greene Community College staff cannot give tax advice or assist students in calculating individual credit amounts. Please consult a tax advisor for assistance.
Columbia-Greene Community College has partnered with Heartland ECSI to deliver Form 1098-T Tuition Statements for tax reporting.
Form 1098-T is used to assist students in determining eligibility for an Education Tax Credit. It is an annual statement that provides a student with the amount of tuition charged on their account during the calendar year.
Each year Form 1098-T Tuition Statements are mailed before Feb. 1 to students that qualify. The website at which you may access your 1098-T through ECSI, in printable format, is http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html.
To view your tax form, you will need the following:
- School Code: 6o (number 6 and letter o)
- Account Number: student’s social security number
- PIN/Password: assigned by ECSI Heartland and sent to you via e-mail
A student will not receive a Form 1098-T if financial aid (federal or state grants and other scholarships, waivers and fellowships) exceeds qualified tuition charges.
To opt-in for electronic delivery, the fastest way to receive your Form 1098-T, please click here:
If you have a question concerning your 1098-T, contact ECSI by calling 1 (866) 428-1098 to speak with a customer service representative.
To access 1098-T information from the Internal Revenue Service, please click here:
Education tax credits — such as the American Opportunity Credit and Lifetime Learning Credit — can help eligible students and their parents offset the cost of higher education by reducing the amount of income tax they owe.
Some important reminders about the 1098-T:
- Your 1098-T tax form reports the amounts billed to your account in the calendar year, and is for your information only. Unlike a W-2, for example, you may find that you do not enter the exact amounts from the 1098-T onto your tax return. Figures entered on your tax return are amounts that you have paid for qualifying tuition and related expenses.
- The college is not required to issue you a 1098-T if your qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or entirely paid with grants or scholarships, or if your qualified tuition and related expenses are paid via an agreement between your sponsor and the college.
- The Columbia-Greene Community College federal ID number reported on the 1098-T form is 14-1504452. Columbia-Greene Community College cannot provide you with tax advice. Use your 1098-T Tuition Statement as a guide for claiming any tax credits and/or deductions for which you may be eligible.