The Building & Ground Department is seeking a reliable and dedicated candidate to join their Team. The title “Cleaner” is classified as non-competitive with the Columbia County Civil Service Commission. Candidate must be approved as qualified for this position before hire.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Cleans and maintains internal and external areas
• Collects and removes trash and recycling
• Performs lawn and grounds maintenance
• Responsible for snow and ice removal
• Performs furniture and equipment moves, set-ups and breakdowns as necessary
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Buildings & Grounds
• Safe and proper use of various equipment and products; follow oral and written instructions and communications; work in a thorough and dependable manner; occasionally work in inclement
weather; respond to emergency requests; perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs in and around facilities and grounds including but not limited to caulking, painting, filter changes,
• Perform building and grounds tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, window washing, moving furniture, moving boxes, receiving deliveries, making minor
repairs, mowing, weed whacking, leaf blowing, leaf collection, plantings and snow and ice removal
• High School Diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years-experience working with cleaning equipment and chemicals (preferably in a college or similar setting), waste and recycling handling, basic
hand tools and working with and serving diverse populations.
• Valid drivers license
• Ability to perform physically demanding labor including, but not limited to, lifting heavy objects up to fifty (50) pounds, standing, bending, walking, climbing, reaching and repetitive
motions; must be able to work safely and efficiently in an environment containing caustic chemicals and cleaning materials, as well as dust and noise; ability to understand and carry out
written or oral instructions.
• Ability to work indoors as well as outdoors throughout all seasons.
For full consideration, please forward a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references to HR@sunycgcc.edu OR applications are available in the Office of Human Resources, room 207A.