Columbia-Greene Community College is seeking a full time Director of Health Services to provide basic emergency care, health education, and health advice for students and employees. On-going health education, directed to increasing personal health awareness, is an essential job responsibility. Must work effectively and collaboratively with individuals and departments within the College.
• Review and maintain immunization records and assist students in complying with immunization requirements as mandated by NYS law
• Coordinates and manages campus wide COVID testing and tracking of students and employees in accordance with federal, state and SUNY regulations
• Provide immunization transcripts as requested by students
• Track “in progress” students who have not completed immunization requirements
• Complete and file annual immunization report with NYS Health Department as required
• Maintain and assess all physical examination forms for allied health students and athletes and follow up as appropriate
• Ensure that all medical requirements as defined by NYS hospital code are complete for students and faculty assigned to health care settings
• Provide basic emergency treatment for those who are injured or have a medical emergency while on campus and arrange, if necessary, transport to health care facilities
• Follow up in cases of serious illness or injury
• Assist students with finding off-campus resources available to them
• Order and oversee first aid, AED, and health-related supplies and equipment
• Distribute pertinent health education literature
• Prepare the annual report for the department
• Work with the Director of Accessibility Services to assist students by determining their needs and acquainting them with available services
• Be available on-site for specified campus events
• Participate in conferences, continuing education, committee membership, and in-service activities
• Related duties as required
Bachelor’s degree preferred, current CPR certification, valid NYS Registered Nurse license, and at least three years of clinical/administrative experience. Experience in a collegiate setting preferred. Knowledge of Oracle databases and MS Office.
Salary and Benefit Information
Salary will be commensurate with education and work experience. The College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, generous
vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plans, tax-deferred compensation, as well as employee and dependent tuition waivers.
For full consideration, applicants must submit the following: (1) cover letter; (2) CV; and (3) contact information for three professional references. Submit all as a single PDF document to: HR@sunycgcc.edu. Review will begin immediately and continue until filled.