Columbia-Greene Community College continues its vigilance to protect the health and safety of students and employees.
The protocols below are subject to change as COVID-related conditions develop. The level of transmission recorded in Columbia and Greene Counties will be monitored closely, and the College will comply with requirements imposed by SUNY and the local departments of health.
Please note that any violation of COVID-19 protocols breach the College’s Student Code of Conduct. Sanctions to the College’s Student Code of Conduct include but are not limited to disciplinary probation and suspension.
- All on-campus students must provide valid evidence of vaccination. Students are considered fully vaccinated for the initial course of vaccination: (1) two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two dose COVID-19 vaccine series or (2) two weeks after receiving a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
- Boosters are required for those students enrolled in Nursing and Allied Health programs. All other students are strongly encouraged to receive boosters as recommended by the CDC.
- Students not in compliance will be withdrawn from their classes; standard refund policies will be in effect. Students who do not provide proof of vaccination are ineligible to participate in extracurricular activities (i.e., athletics, student clubs, and organizations).
- Testing is recommended for anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 as soon as possible after symptoms begin. The Office of Health Services will continue to provide on-site rapid testing for on-campus individuals who show symptoms or have been exposed to someone else who tests positive.
- CGCC will continue to monitor local conditions and determine if mask mandates are required. All students, faculty, and staff need to follow the masking requirements for activities or instruction delivered at third party locations.
Vaccine Management System
- The College will use SUNY’s Vaccination Verification Application to track verified vaccination status of individuals vaccinated in the state of New York, available at https://www2.sysadm.suny.edu/studentVax/.
- Students vaccinated outside of New York will be required to submit appropriate documentation to the Director of Health Services.
- Everyone should continue monitoring symptoms, staying away from others if feeling sick, and getting tested if any symptoms present themselves.
- C-GCC will clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces at least once a day and regularly clean and disinfect other surfaces as necessary. The College will continue to provide hand hygiene stations and other supplies, such as soap and disposable towels.
The College is proud of its track record to mitigate the spread of the virus within the community, and is grateful for everyone’s collective efforts to fight this pandemic.
Please direct all questions regarding the College’s COVID-19 protocols to Maria Ostrander, R.N., Director of Health Services, via e-mail, at email@example.com, or at 518-697-6303.