In response to the growing need for skilled tradespeople – particularly in New York State – Columbia-Greene Community College will launch a Construction Technology certificate program in Fall, 2019.
C-GCC’s new Construction Technology Certificate – Preservation program is a hands-on series of courses designed to help students jumpstart their carpentry careers.
Formally approved by the New York State Education Department, the Construction Technology – Preservation certificate program will be housed in a brand-new technology building on the C-GCC campus, where students will train to construct and renovate residential buildings using current and emerging building practices.
No prior carpentry or construction experience is required to apply to this program, which can be completed in one year.
• Introduction to Construction Carpentry
• Construction Drawing/Blueprint Reading
• Building Layout and Framing
• Introduction to Mechanicals, Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC
• Building Codes & Regulations
• Historic Preservation
• Construction Technology Internship
For more information, call the Office of Admissions at 518.828.4181, ext. 3427.