The position is part time and reports to the Director of Athletics.
• Coordinate all recruiting activities for the program and with the Admissions/Athletic Department liaison and adhere to all institutional admissions policies and procedures on a consistent
• Plan and implement various phases of coaching, recruiting, training, conditioning, practices, game preparation and fundraising.
• Full supervision during travel, as well as prior to and following games and practices.
• Complete national, regional and conference reports and logs.
• Assist in scheduling of games and record keeping for designated sport.
• Drive college vehicles to away games.
• Assist each athlete to hand in official transcripts, certificate of residence, physical form, and MMR verification prior to their first practice.
• Acquaint athletes with Code of Conduct and NJCAA eligibility requirements.
• Submit meal money rosters, in advance.
• File injury reports.
• Report all scores and details of games to area press following each game.
• Complete materials related to Athletic Awards and attend ceremony.
• Position requires evening and weekend work and travel for recruiting and competitions.
• In the absence of the Director of Athletics, coaches will report directly to the Vice President and Dean of Students.
• Ensure all practices and contests are conducted in a professional manner and that the highest standards of sportsmanship and integrity are maintained.
• Schedule regular office hours.
• HS diploma, coaching experience with ages 15 and up, knowledge of softball, excellent communication and organizational skills, valid driver’s license, evening and weekend travel for
recruitment and competitions, well-developed time management and organizational skills, Final job offer contingent on background check.
• Associates degree or higher, college coaching experience, previous college playing experience, knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations.
Seasonal stipend: $5,000
For FULL consideration, please send cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references to HR@sunycgcc.edu. Review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.