This position is part time, 28-hours per week beginning July 12, 2021 and ending approximately August 20, 2021. The position may be extended throughout the summer with the ability to increase hours depending on grant funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Travel to worksites negotiating with supervisors and youth to strive to ensure a positive, successful work experience.
• Communicate to youth individually and in small groups providing instruction on proper work behavior and career guidance.
• Communicate to youth and supervisors the use of PPE and distribute as needed.
• Work with worksite supervisors to identify skills and academics necessary for the youth’s position.
• Integrate academics into the youth’s worksite sessions to foster success on the job and make the school to work connection.
• Maintain flexibility, prioritize tasks, and revise daily schedules to meet supervisors’ and youths’ needs.
• Maintain a high level of organization and keep accurate records and documentation on youth’s progress or problems.
• Coordinate services and information with other agencies serving youth.
• Use computers to write reports and letters.
Associate’s Degree preferred, one-year experience with a human service agency/school district and direct work with youth preferred. Some volunteer experience can be used to meet this requirement. Candidates must have excellent communication and writing skills. Reliable transportation and clean driver’s license required.
For consideration, please forward a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references to: HR@sunycgcc.edu
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Deadline: until filled