Caravan Commencement is rapidly approaching! Please read the instructions below if you plan to participate in the celebration on Saturday, May 15, 2021:
- The Office of Student Activities will be distributing caps and gowns May 4-7 and May 10-14, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Please call Karen Fiducia at 518.828.4181, extension 3382, and make an appointment to pick up your regalia. If you did not order a cap and gown and would now like to participate, please contact Karen as soon as possible!
- Graduates must arrive at the PAC parking lot at 9:15 a.m. Security will be directing traffic, so please follow their instructions (Only one car per graduate permitted). Graduates arriving after 9:30 a.m. will be placed at the end of the caravan, regardless of graduation year.
- Cars will be lined up according to graduation year (2020 and 2021), and you will receive a keepsake program.
- Everyone in the vehicle must wear a face covering.
- Graduates should sit on the driver’s side of the vehicle (if possible, have someone else do the driving so that you may enjoy the procession).
If you live in Columbia, Greene or a surrounding county, and would like to participate but lack transportation, the Columbia-Greene Community College Foundation is offering free roundtrip rides to your May 15th, 2021 Graduation. Details are available by contacting Joan Koweek via email or phone at 518-828-4181, extension 3727 for more information.r
- The procession will begin promptly at 9:45 a.m., passing by three stations outside the PAC building.
- At the first station, hand your Caravan Commencement card (given to you when you pick up your cap and gown) to Provost Timmons who will announce your name and degree(s).
- Proceed to the next station where you will receive your diploma cover from President Drummer.
- Continue to the last station and receive a special gift from Joan Koweek, Executive Director of the Columbia-Greene Community College Foundation.
- Exit the PAC parking lot by turning left on Conway Road. Turn left on Arts Center Drive and head to the next station where you will exit the vehicle and have your photo taken by a professional photographer.
Other Items to Note:
- The ceremony will be live streamed over FM radio and will be available on YouTube for viewing. The information shared verbally appears in the Commencement Program so that you may follow along if your audio is not functioning properly.
- A video of the event will be posted to the Columbia-Greene website.
Questions? Contact Beverly Burka at email@example.com or call 518.828.4181, extension 3364.
We look forward to celebrating with you on May 15!
If a student believes that he/she is close to completing all program requirements, it is necessary to complete an Application for Graduation. To apply for graduation, login to the Banner Self-Service student profile page, click on the “Apply to Graduate” tab, and follow the steps to complete the graduation application. Degrees are awarded after the completion of each semester (Fall, Spring and Summer); however, there is only one ceremony to honor graduates and that is generally held in May of each year.