Graduation ceremonies are designed to honor student academic achievement. We encourage all graduates to participate in the ceremony.
- Application for Graduation – Click to view or print the Application for Graduation.
- Information for Graduates – Graduation 2017 will take place at 9:45 AM on Saturday, May 13, 2017 in the college gymnasium.After filing the Application for Graduation in the Office of Records and Registration, caps and gowns can be ordered beginning Monday, February 27, 2017 by going to the Student Activities Office – Room 302 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. After Wednesday, April 5, 2017 there will be a $10.00 late fee for cap and gown orders. Graduates who have applied for graduation and have been measured for their caps and gowns are included in the ceremony.
Graduates are encouraged to pick up their caps and gowns beginning Monday, May 1, 2017 in the Student Activities Office.
Graduates are also strongly recommended to attend the graduation rehearsal on Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM in the gymnasium.
On the day of graduation, students should assemble in their assigned robing rooms at 8:45 AM to prepare for entrance into the gymnasium, promptly at 9:45 AM.
Students are encouraged to arrive dressed in appropriate lightweight clothing over which their gowns will be worn. It typically becomes very warm in the gymnasium during the ceremony.
Each student will be given an index card with his/her name on it. Pronunciation aids may be written on the cards.
- General Information – NOTE: The responsibility for meeting the requirements for a degree or a certificate rests with the student.
Students who are planning to graduate must apply for graduation and make an appointment for a graduation check before starting their last semester to ensure that their course selections meet degree requirements. To qualify for graduation, the student must be a current matriculated student.
To qualify for graduation, a student must have fulfilled all college requirements and have achieved the following:
- Apply for graduation in the Office of Records and Registration.
- Be a currently enrolled matriculated student or readmitted student for the purpose of graduation.
- Completion at Columbia-Greene Community College of at least 30 semester hours of course work for a degree or 15 semester hours of course work for a certificate.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average or better.
- Completion of a minimum of 60 semester hours as required in a degree program or 30 semester hours as required.
- Students who entered the college without a high school diploma or GED must apply to the New York state Education Department for an equivalency diploma. C-GCC cannot award a college degree without written assurance that the student has completed a high school program.
- Payment of all college fees and satisfaction of other college obligations.
The Office of Registration is open from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday during the fall & spring terms. Please call 518-828-4181 ext. 5514.