Office of Accessibility Services
Disability services at Columbia-Greene Community College are provided by the Office of Accessibility Services. The OAS is located in room 101A of the Main Building. The office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday, Thursday, Friday and 8:00am to 7:00pm Tuesday and Wednesday when classes are in session for the Fall and Spring semesters. Summer hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The college campus is closed on Fridays during the summer. Telephone: (518) 828-4181, extension 3437, (518) 828-1399 (TTY).
The mission of the Office of Accessibility Services (OAS) is to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to all college programs and activities. The OAS provides students the opportunity to reach their full potential by:
- coordinating academic adjustments and support services
- promoting independence and self-advocacy
- providing information and referral to appropriate resources
The OAS helps to foster a supportive and inclusive educational environment by:
- building and maintaining partnerships with faculty and staff
- promoting disability awareness among all members of the college community
- providing guidance regarding college policies and procedures to ensure full participation by persons with disabilities in all aspects of campus life
The Office of Accessibility Services is a National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) voter registration site: http://www.elections.ny.gov/NVRA.html (clicking this link will open a new window to the NVRA site).