The OAS has specialized software and technology for use in accessing course materials:
- Read and Write text-reading software;
- JAWS for Windows and ZoomText (screen reading software for the visually impaired and blind);
- a variety of portable text magnifiers;
- 4 computers located in the OAS suite for the completion of tests and assignments;
- 2 sets of portable lumbar support seat cushions for use in classrooms and other seating areas on campus;
- 2 Hearing Helper Personal FM Amplifying Systems, available to 2 students each semester on a first-come, first-serve basis;
- Dragon Naturally Speaking, a voice-activated word processing program;
- 2 track ball mice, 1 large print keyboard and 1 ergonomic keyboard for use in the computer labs and computer classrooms on campus;
- 4 digital recorders, available to 4 students each semester on a first-come, first-serve basis;
- 4 Livescribe Pens, available to 4 students each semester on a first-come, first-serve basis;
- 2 adjustable computer tables and chairs.
Use of all equipment is subject to availability.