The OAS will not arrange for academic adjustments for a student with a disability unless the student requests them. Students with physical disabilities, visual impairments or hearing impairments must submit documentation from a professional in the area of the disability that verifies the disability. All documentation should include:
- A diagnostic statement including date of most recent evaluation.
- The current impact of (or limitations imposed by) the condition.
- Treatments, medications, devices or services currently prescribed or used to minimize the impact of the condition.
- The expected duration, stability, or progression of the condition.
- Recommended academic adjustments. Note: The professional in the field of the disability may present the limitations imposed by the disability in an education setting and recommend adjustments, but all academic adjustment decisions are made by the OAS Director.