To receive academic adjustments, students with disabilities are required to:
- Identify themselves to the OAS.
- Request academic adjustments at least six weeks prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Provide documentation prior to any provision of services. Academic adjustments cannot be retroactive and begin only after appropriate documentation has been provided and it is determined that the requested academic adjustments are required to create equal access.
- Obtain assessments, test results and additional information, if needed.
- Meet all college qualifications including the essential technical, academic and instructional standards.
- Meet with each faculty member during the first week of classes to discuss the Access Plan, preferably during the faculty member’s posted office hours.
- Keep the Director of the OAS informed of academic progress and any concerns.
- Use other campus services where appropriate (such as counseling, tutoring).
- Appeal any decision regarding academic adjustments as described in the C-GCC Student Handbook.